httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dirk van Deun <dvand...@wilma.vub.ac.be>
Subject [users@httpd] AuthLDAPInitialBindAsUser etc.
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 08:11:24 GMT
Hi all,

I have a 90% solution for authenticating against an ldap server that
does not allow unauthenticated binds, but I'm looking for the
last 10%.  I am using AuthLDAPInitialBindAsUser on,
AuthLDAPSearchAsUser on and AuthLDAPCompareAsUser on, and that works
brilliantly as long as the user enters a password, either correct
or incorrect.

However, if the user types a user name but no password, this is
in effect still an attempt to use unauthenticated bind, which fails,
and the user gets an Internal Server Error; and even worse is that
reloading the page immediately gives a new Internal Server Error.  The
user has to close the browser and restart it before trying again.

How do I prevent that from happening ?

Best,

Dirk van Deun
--