httpd-users mailing list archives

From Timo Coutura <timo.cout...@cologne-intelligence.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Logging SSL Handshake Duration
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 10:26:20 GMT

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a way to determine the time spent on a SSL Handshake in an access log. So
far i’ve discovered only env-vars and log formats (like %D) returning the overall time spent
on a request. The background here is that i sometimes get requests which take up to 10 seconds,
all of them being initial requests, so the handshake has to be done. The actual request to
the application gets independently logged and does take some milliseconds.

I have enabled ssl logging on debug level but cannot specifically reproduce these kind of
requests and parsing this debug log for time spent for the handshake is not an option on the
very busy production server.

Are there any env-vars that provide more specific information on time spent in the different
phases of a request?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Timo