httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vlad Liapko" <vlia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using variables with mod_substitute to rewrite dynamically
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2017 19:22:01 GMT
Hi Luca,

I tried ProxyHTMLUrlMap, it has side effects making me to switch to Substitute. ProxyHTMLEnable=ON
makes all responses chunked, even not html, i.e. Java applet jars got chunked and applets
do not load properly after this. A few other things make mod_substitute a better option.

Thanks,
Vlad

From: Luca Toscano
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 1:06 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Using variables with mod_substitute to rewrite dynamically

Hi Vlad,

  Hi,

  I’m trying to substitute a server name dynamically in xml responses
  Substitute s|http://blah.com|${SERVER_NAME}|n
  to now success. Apache complains conf variable is not defined, but it is there in VirtualHost.

  So far I was able only to use <IF> and put a specific substitute for a specific host.
The reason I need it dynamically is that I have thousands of proxy rules through <Location>
directives, I want to be able move those rules from one environment to another without updating
a hardcoded value.

I don't think that mod_substitute works with expressions, have you tried https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_html.html#proxyhtmlurlmap
?

Luca