httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roy Teeuwen <...@teeuwen.be>
Subject [users@httpd] Writing and debugging Apache modules on a macOS with preferably Docker containers.
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2017 15:23:18 GMT
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you have any guidelines on what is the easiest way to write Apache
modules on a macOS?

I currently only have experience in Java / C# but I would like to try out writing a custom
module. My C experience is from 10 years ago when I helped IRCd daemon and IRC services, so
it has been a while. I also found some tutorials that it would be possible to use C++ too
to write them, so maybe that would be easier seeing that my last years have been OOP mainly.

The things I want to try out:

- Use either Netbeans C/C++ or Jetbrains CLion to write the module on a mac.
- Preferably run the Apache on a docker container as to have a clean Apache instead of the
system one from macOS.
- Be able to (remote) debug the Apache module from the visual editor. It is this last step
that I am mostly asking any guidance for, is this even plausible?

Thanks!
Roy