httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christian Folini <christian.fol...@netnea.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.4.29 mod_unique_id UNIQUE_ID length change from 24 to 27 characters
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 21:32:53 GMT
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 09:07:36PM +0000, Jerry Arnold wrote:
>    Has anyone noticed a change to the length of the UNIQUE_ID env variable
>    generated by mod_unique_id in httpd version 2.4.29?  The docs still
>    state that the length should be 24 but all values generated appear to
>    be 27 characters long.

Yes, I noted that one too. Had to redo a couple of aliases to parse the logs.

There is a note about a change to mod_unique_id in the changelog, but
it fails to mention the format change.

Ahoj,

Christian Folini

--
There are two primary choices in life: (1) To accept conditions as they
exist, or (2) accept responsibility for changing them.