httpd-users mailing list archives

From "@lbutlr" <krem...@kreme.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: How to browse to index.php OR index.html on WordPress site?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2018 05:14:53 GMT
On 22 Feb 2018, at 20:52, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 7:32 PM, @lbutlr <kremels@kreme.com> wrote:
>
> If I'm understanding you, this is not what I want; both index.html and index.php exist.
I just need a means of picking either via URL.

Which I am able to do. In fact, something has to specifically tell apache to NOT load a file
that is specified by a full path. DirectoryInde only affects what loads the you laid a path
ending in /

>> Wordpress has a pretty complicated .htaccess file, did you check there?
>
> No; it's my understanding that anything I can do in an .htaccess file I can do in the
main global config files, that they're mostly just for overrides to those global config files,
so I've just focused on the main global config files.

The global config files will not override index.html to index.php, but the .htaccess might.

Googling for a wordpress .htaccess I see the default config contains MANY rewriting conditions.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^webdav
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

--
Today the road all runners come/Shoulder high we bring you home. And
set you at your threshold down/Townsman of a stiller town.