httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hemant Chaudhary <hemantdude.chaudh...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Scoreboard file
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 14:34:38 GMT
Hi,

According to Apache documentation, parent and Child processes communicate
with shared memory. But I don't have shared memory, therefore they are
communicating through scoreboard file.

I added " ScoreBoardFile /apache/logs/apache_runtime_status " in httpd.conf
to create file at this location. When I started, apache_runtime_status file
get created at above location. But this file contains only 4 Bytes and
file is not getting updated with load on apache. Then how child and parent
processes are communicating with this 4 Byte scoreboard file?  Is there any
other file or way to communicate b/w child and parent process other than
shared memory or scoreboard file ?

Thanks
Hemant