httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Beverley <a...@andybev.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Faking the CGI content_length environment variable
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2018 15:11:09 GMT
Dear all,

I am trying to debug a fastcgi server-side application problem, which I
believe was caused by the value of the CONTENT_LENGTH environment
variable not matching the size of the request body sent to the
application.

In order to debug, I need to recreate the situation, which was caused
by an unknown client request.

Can anybody suggest how I can make such a situation happen? I've tried
doing so with curl and also using a manual telnet connection. Both
times I produced a POST request with a content-length header value
greater than the size of the request body. However, when doing
that, Apache simply waits for more input and then times-out.

Does anybody know how this could have happened? This is Apache 2.4.25
on Debian 9.4

Thanks,

Andy