httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hajo Locke <Hajo.Lo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuration help - addhandler <> mod_proxy_fcgi
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 07:54:19 GMT
Hello,

Am 11.09.2017 um 14:58 schrieb Eric Covener:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 4:28 AM, Hajo Locke <Hajo.Locke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> currently i use classic mod_fastcgi (fastcgiexternalserver) with php-fpm,
>> which is quite reliable.
>> A disadvantage of this setup is, that not every response-header set by
>> .htaccess will really send to client.
>> Something like this is the current setup:
>>
>> <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
>>      AddHandler myphp-cgi .php
>>      Action myphp-cgi /cgi-fpm/php71-fpm
>> </IfModule>
>>
>> The big advantage is, that my users are able to use addhandler by .htaccess
>> to choose any provided php-version.
>>
>> Now i try to switch from mod_fastcgi to new recommend way of mod_proxy_fcgi
>>
>> The basic variants with SetHandler are working easily:
>> <FilesMatch \.php$|\.php70$|\.phpx$>
>>      SetHandler "proxy:unix:/dev/shm/php70fpm.sock|fcgi://localhost/"
>>   </FilesMatch>
>>
>> Now i want to use AddHandler again, so .htaccess files of my users will
>> automatically work former way and choose proper php-version.
>> Unfortunately i was not able to combine AddHandler, Action and the proxy in
>> a working way:
>>
>> Addhandler php-mycgi .php
>> Action php-mycgi "proxy:unix:/dev/shm/php71fpm.sock|fcgi://localhost/"
>>
>> When enabling this in global conf every request to php files results in a
>> 400 response:
>> [Mon Sep 11 10:10:09.375597 2017] [core:error] [pid 23826] [client
>> x.x.x.x:53050] AH00126: Invalid URI in request GET /phpinfo.php HTTP/1.1
>>
>> Please give me a hint to a working configuration. All my attempts were not
>> successful.
>>
> Action could be tricky here. Are you using php-fpm? Have you
> considered allowing users to point at different sockets for diffrenent
> fpm pools?
I have to continue on this problem. Unfortunately i did not found any
useful solution. Seems to be my last problem on switching from
mod_fastcgi to proxy_fcgi
May be i describe my problem again, finding a better wording.

Current setup is apache->mod_fastcgi->php-fpm
php-fpm is installed in multiple version and provides a socket for each
version for each user.
every user can choose a fitting php-version for his script simple by
.htaccess:
Addhandler php71 .php
or
Addhander php56 .php

Every usable addhandler has a fitting action directive in global conf,
so mod_fastcgi knows which php-socket to connect.

I would like to offer same service after switching to proxy_fcgi.
Unfortunately i did not found any useful setup. it seems that
action directive of mod_actions not understands a proxy notation.
following is not working:

Addhandler php-mycgi .php
Action php-mycgi "proxy:unix:/dev/shm/php71fpm.sock|fcgi://localhost/"

This results in 400 error:
[Mon Sep 11 10:10:09.375597 2017] [core:error] [pid 23826] [client
x.x.x.x:53050] AH00126: Invalid URI in request GET /phpinfo.php HTTP/1.1

Basically this would work by .htaccess
Addhandler "proxy:unix:///dev/shm/php70fpm.sock|fcgi://localhost/" .php
But there are two big disadvantages:
- Our Users have thousands of .htaccess files with traditional
AddHandler notation. We cant require that all users rewrite there
.htaccess Files.
- this addhandler is not working if a proxy for this file-extension is
already established in VHost. But this is a requirement, because not all
Users use .htaccess files.

So a user is not able to combine a fileextension to any php-fpm version
by his own.

So my objective is to make former .htaccess entries "Addhandler php71
.php" to work with a proxy_fcgi setup without the need to change
hundreds of thousands .htaccess files.
I was not able to find a good solution for this.

Please help and give me some tips to get this work.

Thanks,
Hajo