httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dunson, Jarrell R" <jrdu...@g.uky.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] More ssh setup question
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 13:29:27 GMT

Eric,

Ok ... some of the guidance I see/hear refers to the setting up a
.ssh/authorized_keys directory for each user that logs in ...   However,
if I understand correctly (?) this would be the case for individuals...
logging onto some other remote server?

For the set up of a https-enabled website, then, you are saying I don't
need to set up an .ssh/authorized_keys file?

In other words, for Apache, I would /only /need to use something like
this in my httpd-vhosts.conf file

        NameVirtualHost *:443

        <VirtualHost *:443>
        ServerName www.yoursite.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/site
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile /path/to/www_yoursite_com.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/www_yoursite_com.key
        SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/DigiCertCA.crt
        </VirtualHost>

Also, it seem some administrators include / configure the httpd-ssl.conf
file, and others do not... they just use the httpd-vhosts.conf file (?)
... do we need to use httpd-ssl.conf ?

For instance, one Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH6evGKgy20
) says use Mod SSL:

Any guidance would help...