httpd-users mailing list archives

From Charles Marcus <CMar...@Media-Brokers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie - Apache as internet facing proxy for Windows/IIS backend .net app server?
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 17:32:06 GMT
Hello all,

I just want to know if this is even worth my time trying to figure out.

We have an Accounting application (.ne/IIS on Windows Server 2008R2) on
our LAN, but I need to provide a window to this through the internet,
and I'd really, really like to not put a Windows Server on our DMZ
facing the internet directly (if I have to, it will be a
separate/standalone server that redirects/proxies to the Accounting server).

first and foremost - is it even possible to setup an Apache server to do
this? I loathe IIS, and also don't know much about it, but I'm also
pretty much a noob when it comes to web servers in general. I do have
some experience a while back with Apache, which is why I'm starting here.

If it isn't, so be it, but if it is, is it very involved?

Tia...

*/Charles/*/*
*/