httpd-users mailing list archives

From Deepak Goel <deic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installation Error in Apache2
Date Sat, 12 May 2018 09:01:28 GMT
On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 2:25 PM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

> > On 12 May 2018, at 09:33, Deepak Goel <deicool@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone has any clue on how to resolve the error?
>
> Looks clear enough to me.  Either turn off SSL, or update your OpenSSL
> install.

I need SSL so I wouldn't like to turn it off. I tried updating OpenSSL, but
it told me it is the latest

> If this was a first-time install of any "apache2" package

There was apache2 installed. I removed it and then got it to install it
again

> , and if your OpenSSL
> is also ubuntu's package (as opposed to your own or a third-party)

Yes, OpenSSL was Ubuntu's package. Any way around this?

Thanks :)

> , then it
> looks like a ubuntu bug: they should either fix their OpenSSL package
> dependency or not load SSL by default.
>
> --
> Nick Kew

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are
treated. Please stop cruelty to Animals, become a Vegan"

+91 73500 12833
deicool@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool