httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: mod_suexec with mod_userdir and fcgid (webapps in subdirs with separated user context)
Date Wed, 23 May 2018 18:00:51 GMT
Hi Jonas,

> Thanks a ton. I'm still not 100% sure whether I do it the right way, but
> it occurs to me as if I just discovered two bugs in Apache2 suExec that
> make crazy workarounds necessary.
>
> What do you think?

Sorry for the lag in answering. I reviewed a bit the code and found out
that this is a pretty common use case (looking for AP_USERDIR_SUFFIX and
suexec in Google revealed a ton of material). suexec is compiled separately
from httpd, since as you can see from the source it gets a main() by
itself. This means that whatever you set in the httpd's config will not
affect AP_USERDIR_SUFFIX, that is a parameter compiled with suexec (you can
tune it using httpd's configure though at build time, but once you create
the suexec binary it is done). As far as I can see there are suexec
variant's shipped with some distributions that allow a suexec config file,
but I don't have a lot of experience with systems like these.

In this list there should be people running into the same issue that you
encountered, let's see if another ping triggers some answers :)

Hope that helps!

Luca