httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: RE: [users@httpd] https not working
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:09:41 GMT
>Try "openssl s_client -debug -connect host:port" to see if your machine can contact the
server at all.
Should I run that on my laptop (the remote machine) or the server?

>You should try to telnet to port 443 from a) the localhost

The output seems to be fine
mahmood@ce:~$ telnet localhost 443
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet>

>Note, from your output it looks like you only have this (only)
>configured for ipv6, which constrains what is and isn't going to
>work. You're going to need to understand whether the telnet test
>above is being done from ipv4 or v6 in order to interpret the results.

Where do you mean? I have no problem with removing ipv6.

What I have done already is to test one of the websites (and not a subdomain) with https.
I mean if you consider the main url as http://myuni.com then http://myuni.com/shb works fine.
What I have done is that I have created an entry in default-ssl.conf for /var/www/html/shb.
Therefore, I want to test https://myuni.com/shb
Does that matter?

Regards,
Mahmood