httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dedeco Balaco <dedeco.bal...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] (rewritten) In directory pages, how to show file dates in a specific timezone?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2018 18:31:08 GMT

Em 14-06-2018 14:25, Yann Ylavic escreveu:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 12:08 AM, Dedeco Balaco
> <dedeco.balaco@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Em 13-06-2018 17:29, Yann Ylavic escreveu:
>>>
>>> The date format used by mod_autoindex is hardcoded, and does not
>>> include the timezone (%z or %Z in strftime format).
>>> I think a patch is needed to eventually configure it (e.g. another
>>> IndexOptions keyword).
>>>

>> Being hardcoded is bad.
>
> Not so until someone notices ;)
>
>> Should I consider this as a bug and report it?
>
> I'd call it an improvement request, bugzilla can be used for that yes.
>

>> The thread in LinuxQuestions.org I pointed has a basic code that I can use
>> to make some PHP code to list what I need. If that is not the better
>> solution, at least for something temporary, please point.
>
> Possibly the easiest/fastest solution, because (see below)...
>

>> Taking the code from Apache's mod_autoindex, fixing and running the new code
>> for my user is something easy to do? Will it need to be installed by root?
>> Making it available for other users in the server is not needed, not
>> necessary.
>
> This needs mod_autoindex to be recompiled and installed in the httpd
> directory (with whatever rights that may require).
> If you can't do this, the PHP solution might be what you need for now.

I will check that now.

I imagined if a "to my user only" solution was possible. Compiling
should not be a problem, or hard at all; installing it in my user folder
is natural; to test it should be a matter of Apache config of any
directory I create for that, possibly with a different (possibly
uncommon) setting. The last part is exactly where I would need some help.

Thank you for all details you commented, Yann. Each of them have added
information for me. Thanks to others who also replied.