httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Are passwords with embedded spaces allowed using htdbm?
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2018 15:49:24 GMT
On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 09:00 Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can get htdbm to accept a cleartext password with spaces when using the
> mode where I enter the password at the command line, e.g

I’m sorry for the wasted bandwidth, but I proved myself wrong!  I used a
bash script sussessfully but I wasn’t able to use Perl 6 successfully.

However, I was trying to use the Perl 6 “run” command whch didn’t work.
When I changed to the Perl 6 “shell” command, all worked well!

(The differences in the two commands includes how spaces are handled.
 “run” was treating the password as two or more separate words.  I could
have used “run” differently to overcome that and I will do so.)

Best regards,

-Tom

.,