httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_http rewrite problem
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2018 20:32:24 GMT
On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 9:16 PM, Herb Burnswell
<herbert.burnswell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Community,
>
> Is this issue that I'm struggling with really that large of a challenge?  If
> it is, that's fine, I'm trying to judge if it's something that I should
> abandon or if it can be done at all..

Not that much challenging I think, as I understand it the backend
(frontage) sends links in HTML with /frontpage prefix, so that's what
comes back.

You have multiple options here, possibly.
If you accept that /frontpage path going up to the client/browser once
the first / works, then you can:
    ProxyPass / balancer://applicationcluster/frontpage/ ...
    ProxyPass /frontpage/ balancer://applicationcluster/frontpage/ ...
    ProxyPassReverse / balancer://applicationcluster/frontpage/
The two ProxyPass handle the two kind of paths to forward (the
longuest match should be elected first).

Or if you want to masquerade /frontpage completetly, you could use
mod_proxy_html to rewrite response URLs on the fly.

The first option is probably simpler and it fits your needs, does it work?

Regards,
Yann.