httpd-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Smith <yesthat...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Oddity using FallbackResource in PHP development
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 23:47:58 GMT
Apache is returning 404 when an invalid PHP script is called, even though
FallbackResource is configured and working fine for invalid scripts without
the .php extension.

Said another way, when I use FallbackResource, with a PHP file as the
target, it works fine only when I don't reference an invalid PHP file. When
I do, it doesn't work. I've spent hours poring over documentation and
pounding on Google to no avail.

### Configuration ###
CentOS 6/64, stock install, all updates applied.
Apache 2.4.6
php 5.4.16

Document root has a single PHP file "route.php" in it, with one line:
<?php die("I was found");

/etc/httpd/conf.d/site.conf contains:
FallbackResource /route.php

### Problem demonstrated ###
When I go to
http://site.com/route.php
I see "I was found".

When I go to
http://site.com/invalid
I see "I was found"

When I go to
http://site.com/invalid.php
I see 404 "Not Found The requested URL /invalid.php was not found on this
server."

Wheat do I need to do to get FallbackResource to work for URLs that look
like a PHP script?

Thanks