httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gardiner <li...@glidos.net>
Subject [users@httpd] .php3 files recognised but .php files not
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2018 13:04:09 GMT
I have just installed openSUSE Leap 15.0 on a server including Apache
2.4.33 and php 7.2.5.

If I attempt to access .php files, I'm offered them as downloads,
although renaming them to .php3 makes them work fine. I have this file
amongst my apache config

conf.d/php7.conf

<IfModule mod_php7.c>
        <FilesMatch "\.ph(p[345]?|tml)$">
            SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
        </FilesMatch>
        <FilesMatch "\.php[345]?s$">
            SetHandler application/x-httpd-php-source
        </FilesMatch>
         DirectoryIndex index.php4
         DirectoryIndex index.php5
         DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>

I tried adding an extra FilesMatch clause, matching precisely .php, just
in case something has become broken with regular expression matching,
but that didn't help.

Please can someone suggest a way to track down the problem?

I see nothing relevant in the logs.