httpd-users mailing list archives

From apa...@buglecreek.com
Subject [users@httpd] SSLCertificateChainFile
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2018 18:47:23 GMT
I am putting to together a config for both RH6 and RH7 systems.  RH6 used  Apache/2.2.15, RH7
uses Apache/2.4.6.

I understand that in 2.4.8 SSLCertificateChainFile is deprecated and the intermediates should
be appended to  the file that SSLCertificateFile points to.

Can 2.2 and < 2.4.8 work properly if the SSLCertificateChainFile in the config is NOT used
and instead the intermediates are appended the file that  SSLCertificateChainFile points to
as you would in 2.4.8 and greater.  Just thinking that if it will work correctly, the config
would be the same now and when 2.4.8 and greater  gets in place.

We have done this on a test system and it seems to work, however I'm not sure if we are just
fooling ourselves and it isn't even seeing the intermediates and the client just isn't complaining.