httpd-users mailing list archives

From Felix Wong <not....@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] balancer manager issue
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2018 23:51:37 GMT
using the built-in balancer-manager ui or curl to disable a balancer member
does not actually do anything.

command: /usr/bin/curl --silent --insecure -o /dev/null -XPOST '
https://localhost:443/balancer-manager?' -d b=home.monolith.on1.saasure.net
-d w=https://on1-lbmo01c.aue1t.internal -d
nonce=20e16be2-eb5f-42c0-b061-57af2968c7db -d w_status_D=1

after running the above command, the status of the member reflects as
changed, but traffic is still flowing to the host (as evidenced by tailing
log files on the balancer member).

 LoadBalancer Status for  balancer://home.monolith.on1.saasure.net
[pb9c23464_home_monolith_on1_saasure_net]
  https://on1-lbmo01b.aue1t.internal       1.00  0  Init Ok   0  0  0
0     0
  https://on1-lbmo01c.aue1t.internal       1.00  0  Init Dis   0  0  0
0     0

balancer config:
<Proxy balancer://home.monolith.on1.saasure.net>
    # use our FQDN convention for BalancerMember URLs.
    # use the saasure.net domain because it maps to the public IP of an
instance.
    BalancerMember https://on1-lbmo01b.aue1t.internal timeout=320 retry=30
connectiontimeout=3000ms max=2000
    BalancerMember https://on1-lbmo01c.aue1t.internal timeout=320 retry=30
connectiontimeout=3000ms max=2000
    ProxySet maxattempts=2 lbmethod=byrequests
</Proxy>
<Location /balancer-manager>
    # Explicitly turn off rewrites if we match /balancer-manager
    RewriteEngine off
    SetHandler balancer-manager
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1 ::1
    Allow from localhost
</Location>

has anyone seen this before, or is it just some subtle misconfiguration on
my side that i overlooked?

thanks,
felix