httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to configure two frontend Apache mod_proxy failover cluster with single backend webserver
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2018 12:52:27 GMT
Usually the proxy server is not aware of a low-level load balancer (ip
sprayer) in front of it, that's why you will not see Apache or
mod_proxy specifics.

IPVS/LVS (linux) or haproxy are options in this area.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 8:22 AM kamaljeet singh
<kamal_734@yahoo.co.in.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to configure two Apache mod_proxy servers in failover cluster with a single backend
web server.

> Presently I have a single webserver (since it does not handle heavy workloads) for which
I plan to configure mod_proxy server. Since we will be relying heavily on the proxy server
to handle our web server requests so we do not want to take any chance of proxy server going
down. Considering this, we wish to configure two mod_proxy servers working in tandem so that
if one proxy server is unavailable due to some reason the other proxy server is able to handle
all web server requests. Is that possible to do? If yes, how?

> I looked around the web to search for mod_proxy cluster/failover configuration bout couldn't
find any clue. The only information I could find was failover configuration for backend web
servers but this is not which I want since I have a single backend web server. Instead I need
to have two frontend proxy servers working simultaneously in a failover cluster mode.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com