httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Moe <ji...@sohnen-moe.com.INVALID>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: [SOLVED] "Permissions" lost after upgrade to 2.4.33
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2018 02:16:07 GMT
On 07/16/2018 02:53 PM, James Moe wrote:

>   After the upgrade from v2.4.23 to v2.4.33, https requests yield error
> 403:
> Access forbidden!
> You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is
> either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

  I expunges all traces of apache2 from the system: the programs, config
files, everything I could find. Then performed a clean install.
  I copied the necessary configuration bits from backup. Apache2 started
providing useful messages in the error logs. After cleaning up the vhost
files, the local websites now load properly.
  As a final note, I suspect having "access_compat" in the LoadModules
list was a Bad Thing.

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com