httpd-users mailing list archives

From angel Hall-Coulston <rammstein...@me.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Renaming default page example.com to Data Portal
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 07:54:49 GMT
Hi,
It looks most likely to be a remnant from your default ‘httpd.conf’ file as it usually
has several mentions of ‘example.com’ as default values just to give clues to what you
need to change. These are normally edited out with a ‘#’ and only would become active
after removing this. So as a first step I would check your ‘httpd.conf’ file.

> On 10 Aug 2018, at 02:23, Yehuda Katz <yehuda@ymkatz.net> wrote:
>
> The server doesn't set the title, the application does by sending the html <title>
tag. Check with your application developer.

> - Y
>
> On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 3:46 PM Collins O. Adoyo <collinsod@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I have a web portal with the title of page showing a default name example.com <http://example.com/>.
I wish to rename it to Data Portal. Kindly how do I go about it. I know there is a file I
should edit and insert Data Portal where the word www.example.com <http://www.example.com/>
.

> Kindly in which directory is this file and whats the same. The server is Apache web server.
See the image below to help clarify the same.