httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Philip Baker <darryl.ba...@northwestern.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache/php: Max number of open files
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:51:09 GMT

I forgot to add the systemd directive, LimitNOFILE=   Which is the number of file descriptors.

Darryl Baker  (he/him/his)
Sr. System Administrator
Distributed Application Platform Services
Northwestern University
1800 Sherman Ave.
Suite 6-600 – Box #39
Evanston, IL  60201-3715
darryl.baker@northwestern.edu
(847) 467-6674

    Systemd stores the scripts in /lib/systemd/system and /etc/systemd/system.

    On 8/21/18, 3:23 PM, "Jørn" <apache2.user@dahl-stamnes.net> wrote:

        On Tuesday, August 21, 2018 21:52:34 Darryl Philip Baker wrote:
        > Have you tried adding a ulimit command to raise the number of open files in
        > the apache start script or systemd  service file?

        If I only knew where the startup script is. Back in the (good) old days everything
was
        located under /etc/rc.d, but that seem to be history now. Everything is started by
the
        '/bin/systemctl' command.

        I'm running fedora core 25 on this server.

        --
        Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
        homepage: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dahl-2Dstamnes.net_dahls_&d=DwIFaQ&c=yHlS04HhBraes5BQ9ueu5zKhE7rtNXt_d012z2PA6ws&r=tdje61_VHSXp608oLofeaJnnzo2Sr9_Cdcp70bBEtQ8&m=MGATRzKx5sSQUsGgcxvrmbkLXIaoMkjdYpl1MmVWOPI&s=YxwA0wj1B-72elf7EB5tIw4qRFk1Fpm44rSOMi1u7dg&e=