httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Salemy <tps...@lehigh.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Developing Private Cache Module
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2018 02:18:11 GMT
Hello all,

I am a researcher at Lehigh University working on Transactional Memory, a
concurrency mechanism that radically simplifies parallel programming and
hopefully one day will improve the performance of many enterprise
applications.

I want to redevelop the shared object cache that is used to filter HTTP
requests. Specifically, I want to serve requests even faster by replacing
the module's current structure with this concurrency mechanism. In fact, I
have been working on this for a while but have not been able to figure out
how to properly redesign the module to incorporate the new concurrency
platform and have it work more than 80% of the time.

I am hoping that one of you might be able to describe to me more in detail
how this module works and the details of the current concurrency mechanism
supporting it so that I may redesign it and prove the value of
transactional memory in my research project.

Thanks!

––
Sincerely,
Thomas Salemy