httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy for Web Application (or adding it as extension to Apache web server)
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 01:00:33 GMT
On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 8:13 PM Osman Zakir <osmanzakir90@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I put the files for my app that I wanted to be served behind a reverse proxy into Apache's
document root instead to have them served that way (is this a good idea?  Can Apache start
the server as an extension like this?).

What files did you copy? You only mentioned before a C++ based HTTP
server.   I don't think copying anything like that to be served
directly by Apache would help.
There are much more involved/estoeric solutions in this area, but they
wouldn't just be a matter of copying files.  These options would be
FastCGI or writing an Apache module. Both are much more complicated
than a reverse proxy if you already have a backend HTTP server.

It's not clear why you want anything in front of your c++ http server.
But you are really missing the basics of how multiple
servers/processes will be interacting.