httpd-users mailing list archives

From Osman Zakir <osmanzaki...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy and Virtual Host
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:46:57 GMT
I need a host to map it to.

As for the path; do I not need the ones for the Access Key and API Key?
________________________________
From: Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:43 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy and Virtual Host

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 10:35 AM Osman Zakir <osmanzakir90@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> I'm attaching my httpd.conf file here; please read it and tell me if I did it correctly.
 I start the Apache HTTP Web Server as a service and then try to navigate to the virtual host
URL, but I get MS Edge's error page about it not being able to reach the page.

The 2nd two proxypass/proxypass reverse are redundant, you are already
forwarding /
The virtualhost looks fine, as long as that hostname actually leads
you to the system running the webserver.
The proxy rules + the virtual host make no sense because it gives the
appearance there's only 1 server involved. Why bother proxying if the
target is just the virtualhost?

Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com