httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Moskowitz <...@htt-consult.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Testing for apache open relaying
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 14:16:30 GMT
Actually, I think I found my spam source, and it is neither Roundcube or
Apache or Postfix.  Well it is kind of Postfix, as I have quotas on
mailbox size.

I had two dormant mailboxes that had exceeded quota and I had set to
bounce messages if quota exceeded.  The spammers had discovered this and
were using these accounts for their spam distribution.

Simple fix was to delete the dormant accounts.  It was not some esoteric
Apache proxy behavior.

I was really shifting the straws around to figure out why my IP was
blocked for spamming...