httpd-users mailing list archives

From Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] invisible server
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2018 13:37:16 GMT
Op woensdag 31 oktober 2018 12:48:42 CET schreef georg.chambert@telia.com:
> Hi again, didnt work to turn DHCP off, just rendered the PC/server without
> IP address (ie not even the local net)

Right.

> looking at WAN services, I get the following fields to fill (for "+ Add new
> IPv4 port mapping" ):
>
> IPv4 Port forwarding table
>
> 	Name	Protocol	WAN port	   LAN port	Destination IP	 Destination
MAC

> so the "Destination" in this, would that actually be the PC/server IP (which
> I then guess I have to set manually in the PC )

Your PC/Server normally gets the same IP address from DHCP when it restarts,
so you can use that address as Destination.
For a web server you need to forward the external port 80 to the internal port
80 of your PC/Server. In case you use https you also need to forward 433 to
433.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf