httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Wreski <dwre...@guardiandigital.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache disk cache or app-based?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2018 19:26:11 GMT
Hi,

We're in the process of rebuilding one of our websites using a more
modern version of joomla. The developers want to use an app called
SpeedCache, which apparently provides browser cache as well as caching
of the general site elements.

I'm more inclined to use the built-in apache disk cache, and was just
looking for general recommendations on how to approach caching properly
and whether it's advisable to use this SpeedCache joomla component that
is more user-focused than the server itself.

I'm also using gzip compression in apache as well.

https://www.joomunited.com/products/speed-cache

I'd be happy to forward on any further config details that were necessary.

Thanks,
Dave