httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sanjay Kumar Sahu <sanjaysahu.onl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Failed to acquire SSL session cache lock
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 13:55:51 GMT
HI All !

Currently we are facing critical Apache/Kerberos authentication issue in
our RHEL7 server running with Apache/2.4 upon changing Keytab with Crypto
type=AES256. Previously it's Crypto type=all. Please check following with
the details.

We are using mod_auth_kerb on Red Hat Enterprise Linux  for our application
MediaWiki 1.30.0 running in Apache/2.4
And we never face such issue related to kerberos authentication since we
used the keytab with following cipher algorithm in the encryption method.

(des-cbc-crc)
(des-cbc-md5)
(aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
(aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96)

Later, the DES crypto type is catagoried in weak crypto type and it's
denied to use in Produciton for security reason.

And we are asked to use the keytab using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
Cryptography with either of types (AES128 or AES265) for following cipher
algorithm.

(aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
(aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96)

But, unfortunately neither of the keytab encrypted with AES Crypto (AES128
or AES265) are working under Apache/2.4 and throws following error in HTTPD
server Error_log.

Error_log
gss_accept_sec_context() failed: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may
provide more information (, No key table entry found for the SPN)

Please let us know if there is any solution to resolve for the issue.

--
*Thanks & Regards,*

*Sanjay Kumar Sahu*