httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Limited Websocket connections with mod_proxy
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:38:00 GMT
On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 10:33 AM Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:

> I increased some options (maxRequestWorkers, ServerLimit  ..), and finally was able to
connect 20k concurrent connections. But that's not enough. I want to use 4 backend servers
w/ single Apache LB..

> Apache server shows "tasks: x (limit: 19660)".
>
> Can I handle at least 200k connections with single Apache server?

Sounds difficult. In trunk, you can ask the websocket proxy to manage
the connections async and that might help assuming they're mostly
idle.
A single server is a bit of an anti-pattern. How would you ever
upgrade it? What happens for an unplanned outtage?