httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Garreau <galex-...@galex-713.eu>
Subject [users@httpd] Regexps not unicode-compatible
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:11:39 GMT
Hello,

When I use regexp from GNU tools, such as emacs or grep, which I
think use the GNU libc, regexps support pretty well, depending on
locale settings, all unicode, so with french locale [a-z] will
original cyrillic letter contained in all cyrillic languages, I
guess).  [[:alnum:]] will correctly base on unicode class to
determine if a given codepoint is a letter or not, and will
support all languages.

However, I noticed that in apache these last ones won’t work and
will only support ascii.  Why a such restriction?  Couldn’t it
support at least optionally unicode at least on GNU systems?