httpd-users mailing list archives

From Osman Zakir <osmanzaki...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Port Forwarding Help?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:00:35 GMT
I can't use port 80 or 433 for my external port because the router's using those ports.  8080
and 8443 are also being blocked by ISP.  So I had to use 5501 and forward that.  I'll take
away the forwarding rule for port 5501 if I can get the reverse proxy to work, though.

That being said, just now I tried to visit dragonosman.dynu.net:8000 after setting up port
forwarding for port 8000, since I'm using that port for the VirtualHost setting in the httpd.conf
file.  The file is attached to this message.

Do I also need to set up port forwarding for the port that Apache is listening on?  Because
right now I can't get to my app in the browser through port 8000.  On Chrome, I get this error:
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.  I asked on a Discord group I go to as well and one of the members
there just told me that I only need to forward the port that Apache is listening on.  Is this
correct?  Because if so, I'll need to choose a different port because I'm having it listen
on port 8080 which is being blocked by the ISP.