httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Muggeridge, Matt" <matt.muggerid...@hpe.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Configuring reverse proxy
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 01:39:29 GMT
?  But first I want to ask if Apache needs to be able to see my external IP address.

That's ambiguous.  Is your 'external IP address' the publicly visible address that is used
to access your website?  If so, then Apache will need to accept incoming connection requests
on that IP address, naturally.

?  Ipconfig and other network applications can't see it.

Ok, so on windows, ipconfig will only see the addresses configured on your local machine.
 So now your question about ipconfig mixed with external IP address is confusing to me.  If
you believe the IP address is configured on your Windows machine and you're not seeing it
with ipconfig, then can you ping that address from a different machine?  If so, then perhaps
that address is configured on another machine in your network, yikes!

?  ; is this a good idea

I can't understand enough about what you're asking to comment.

Matt.

From: Osman Zakir [mailto:osmanzakir90@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 12 January 2019 9:16 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Configuring reverse proxy

I set up port forwarding on my router, so I think I'm ready to try this again.  But first
I want to ask if Apache needs to be able to see my external IP address.  Ipconfig and other
network applications can't see it.  And my server app's executable is being allowed through
the firewall currently; is this a good idea for when I want to set up a reverse proxy for
it, or will it do?