httpd-users mailing list archives

From Osman Zakir <osmanzaki...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] About Using ProxyPass Directive
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2019 07:35:36 GMT
From: Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:00 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] About Using ProxyPass Directive

ProxyPass "/" "E:/programming/visual_studio_2017/Projects/currency_converter/x64/Release"

>The 2nd parameter should be a URL where your backend service is listening for HTTP requests,
but you put a path to where you >compiled some binaries.
>Those are not interchangeable.

>If there's no URL where your currency converter works, you won't get any benefit of setting
up a reverse proxy.

I put in the path to where the executable file that's also the web server is.  That's the
docroot, since it's also where the static assets are.  As for a URL where it works, it's only
my internal IP so far.

In my router's settings, under NAT > Virtual Servers, I have these two rules for the port
forwarding:
Server Name     External Port Start     External Port End       Protocol        Internal Port
Start     Internal Port End       Server IP Address       WAN Interface   LAN Loopback
Enable/Disable  Remove
 Secure Web Server (HTTPS)       8443    8443    TCP     8443    8443    192.168.10.9    ppp2.1
Disabled
 HTTP    8080    8080    TCP     8080    8080    192.168.10.9    ppp2.1 Disabled

192.168.10.9 is my internal IP address.  I'll try again after setting my server app first
and then Apache, but for now, does this look okay to you?