httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hajo Locke <Hajo.Lo...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] ErrorDocument with URL containing URL encoded chars
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 08:48:16 GMT
Hello List,

have a interesting problem here.
I have a .htaccess with Errordocument containing Text to be displayed:

ErrorDocument 404 "not existing"

This works with standard URLs like http://example.com/fubar.htm
I get response 404 and in Browser displayed text is correct.

Now i try URLs like this: http://example.com/%2ffubar
The URL encoded part of URL seems to be a problem for errordocument. I
still get the 404 respone, but displayed text has changed.
In place of "not existing" apache answers with "The requested URL
//fubar was not found on this server."
So apache is decoding $2f to / and use decoded URL for response-text in
place of "not existing"

i get a change of behaviour if i put the ErrorDocument directive direct
into Vhost instead of .htaccess.
in this case the ErrorDocument is working as expected also with URLs
with url encoded Parts.

In Apache 2.2 and 2.4  is same behaviour.
What is problem here and how to solve this?

Thanks,
Hajo