httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jobst Schmalenbach <jo...@barrett.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache upgrade 2.2 -> 2.4 and "PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::IMAP"
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2019 03:58:00 GMT
On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 06:58:55AM +0100, Luca Toscano (toscano.luca@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Can you use something like LogLevel warn perl:trace8 and see if you
> get more info in the error log?

Thanks.

I have tried before to set the log level in "/etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf" to "PerlSwitches
-d" which gave me far more output than I ever expected. Using your suggestion "LogLevel warn
perl:trace8" does not really give a lot of lines.

What I needed was to get the modules loaded and get some output from that.
But luckely I found this:

   https://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?topic=Authen::Simple::Passwd

which writes a completely different story in .htacess:

  PerlModule        Authen::Simple::Apache
  PerlModule        Authen::Simple::IMAP
  PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::IMAP
  AuthType          Basic
  AuthName          "Protected Area"
  Require           user USER1 USER2

which FINALLY gave me a login box.

Jobst

--
My software never has bugs; it just develops random features.