httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: HTTP Method Patch
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2019 04:29:40 GMT
Le 20/02/2019 à 14:58, Hajo Locke a écrit :
> Hello list,
>
> this is Apache 2.4.34
>
> I was asked if Apache is supporting HTTP Request Methode PATCH.
> To be honest i did not really found something useful in the web.
> Is Apache supporting this method and is an additionally modul required?
> Iam not aware of allowing or forbidding PATCH in httpd.conf
>
> Thanks,
> Hajo

Hi,

httpd "understand" the PATCH method (i.e. directive such as
"AllowMethods PATCH" is accepted), but will do nothing with it.
No modules is provided with httpd to handle the PATCH method.

It is likely that a 405 error ("Method Not Allowed") will be returned,
unless a third party module able to handle such a method is installed.

(sorry for the double post, I replied in the wrong list)

CJ