httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Cauhape <jpcauh...@detr.nv.gov>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Stupid question time - VirtualHost
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2019 18:17:20 GMT
Yes, it was the Secure Linux preventing the use of the port.  I wonder if the error message
should be broadened to include
the possibility that security policies are not allowing it's use, rather than just assuming
that the port is not available because
it's already in use.

I added the port to the security policy with this command:

# semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 280

I had already added the port to the firewall

[root@web1e conf]# firewall-cmd --info-zone=public

public (active)
  target: default
  services: dhcpv6-client https http ssh
  ports: 9100/tcp 9101/tcp   ...  280/tcp

Jeffrey Cauhape – IT Professional III – Linux and Solaris Administrator
Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
(775) 684-3804 (office)     jpcauhape@detr.nv.gov