httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Port 80 error still there even though listening on different port
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2019 06:50:16 GMT
Hi Mike,
Il giorno lun 18 feb 2019 alle ore 04:08 Mike Starr
<starrtennis@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi, I am still getting the ubiquitous Port 80 blocked error when starting Apache even
though I am listening on port 8080 in httpd.conf.

> What am I doing wrong?

I assume your OS is Linux, so what I'd do is run a command like "sudo
netstat -nltp" to see what process owns port 80. If it is httpd, I'd
check if the httpd.conf contain a "Listen 80" statement (if your
distribution splits config files in multiple places you might have a
"default" config somewhere that you are not aware for example).

Hope that helps!

Luca