httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Ferradal <dferra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden Error on Apache 2.4
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 21:04:41 GMT
Directory / is the root of the filesystem, so it should always be set
in server config with Require all denied, it is not the documentroot,
chances are you have a Directory directive elsewhere denying, also
make 100% sure you don't mix Order/Allow/Deny with 2.4 directives.

So:

Server config
<Directory />
Require all denied
</Directry>

in virtualhost and for documentroot:

<Virtualhost *:port>
 DocumentRoot /path/do/docroot

###
# Other directives here

<Directory /path/to/docroot>
Require all granted
</Directory>

<Virtualhost>

El mié., 6 feb. 2019 a las 6:03, Dan Ehrlich
(<dan@ehrlichserver.com.invalid>) escribió:

> I think it’s the L in your rewrite rule.
>
> It stands for Last and means it won’t process any further rules. Remove it and it should
(maybe) work.

> Someone else feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
>

> On Feb 5, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Jayaram Ponnusamy <jayaram.ponnusamy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
> Our Site is Public Site and there is no restriction @ any level. We are using apache
on top of Java based CMS (Tomcat Server).
> Recently we upgraded Apache from 2.2.21 to 2.4.25. Where ever     Order allow,deny &
Allow from all coming there we changed it to Require all granted but root page only loading
without any issue. We are getting 403 Forbidden Message on Rest of the Pages. Kindly please
help how to enable permission to all folder and its subfolders in 2.4.25.

--
Daniel Ferradal
HTTPD Project