httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Muggeridge, Matt" <matt.muggerid...@hpe.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Getting port 80 error even though listening on different port
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2019 03:56:50 GMT
You don’t say what is listening on port 80.  I’d first stop Apache httpd and then check
the ports you want to use are free:

lsof -i:80 -i:8080

This should return nothing.

Watch the Apache httpd error log, as specified in your “ErrorLog” directive; I suggest
using “tail -f <errorlog_filename>”, then start Apache httpd, and repeat the lsof
command.

Matt.

From: Mike Starr [mailto:starrtennis@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 18 February 2019 1:29 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Getting port 80 error even though listening on different port

I've modified the Listen directive in httpd.conf to listen on port 8080 instead of 80 but
Apache still won't start, with the error that port 80 is blocked.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Michael

PS: Sorry if this is a double post, I sent this message before I was added to the mail list
so I'm assuming that one wasn't processed.