httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [patch] Apache converts GZIPed data into UTF-8 - 2nd Act
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2019 22:43:21 GMT
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 17:21:27 +0100
Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

> Hmm.  Your fix does the job for you, but shouldn't be necessary.
>
> I'm thinking, mod_proxy_html does the right thing removing itself.
> mod_xml2enc should do the same when inserted by mod_proxy_html.
> That should be straightforward to fix.  I'll take a look later today.
>
> Thanks for the detailed analysis!

OK, I've looked.

What I'd like to do - pass responsibility back to the module
that inserted the xml2enc filter - calls for a minor API
change, so isn't going to happen in 2.4.x.  A variant on
that approach might work, but right now I don't see anything
better than replicating mod_proxy_html's logic in mod_xml2enc
to deal with the situation where they're interacting.

Your check on content-encoding can also looks good.
Except that unless I'm missing something, your use of f->r->notes
is unnecessary: ap_remove_output_filter means we don't revisit
that code!

--
Nick Kew