httpd-users mailing list archives

From Suvendu Sekhar Mondal <suv3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyTimeOut value question
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:58:19 GMT
John,

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 11:31 PM Rose, John B <jbrose@utk.edu wrote:

> Any likely problems with setting ProxyTimeOut to 120?
>

> Or is that a Directive whose value is commonly increased?

In my opinion, proxy timeout or any other time out limits should be little
bit higher than the longest running transaction in your application. For
example, if you see some file import takes three minutes to complete under
loaded system and if that is your longest running transaction, I will
suggest to set all timeout limits to accommodate that process.

If you set this value too high, thread pool exhaustion can happen if you
have a very slow performing backend server.