httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rose, John B" <jbr...@utk.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyTimeOut value question
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:58:42 GMT
Thanks Suvendu

________________________________
From: Suvendu Sekhar Mondal <suv3ndu@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:58:19 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] ProxyTimeOut value question

John,

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 11:31 PM Rose, John B <jbrose@utk.edu<mailto:jbrose@utk.edu>
wrote:

Any likely problems with setting ProxyTimeOut to 120?

Or is that a Directive whose value is commonly increased?

In my opinion, proxy timeout or any other time out limits should be little bit higher than
the longest running transaction in your application. For example, if you see some file import
takes three minutes to complete under loaded system and if that is your longest running transaction,
I will suggest to set all timeout limits to accommodate that process.

If you set this value too high, thread pool exhaustion can happen if you have a very slow
performing backend server.