httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ruben Safir <mrbrk...@panix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE: Need some advice - thread safe php module
Date Thu, 23 May 2019 03:21:48 GMT
On 5/22/19 4:11 PM, Jeff Cauhape wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am porting some older web pages from Apache 2.4.6 to Apache 2.4.37 on Linux
> and apparently need to find a thread-safe version of libphp5.so to use, since we're
> running MPM.
>

>   *   Does anyone know where I can download the apache thread safe php module?
>   *   If not, can someone give me a clue about the configuration options I should use
> to build a new version of PHP which contains the php module for Apache?
>
> I have been unable to find a download for the php module, and building PHP is not
> producing a php module either.
>
> Thanks,

thread safety is not a magic trick.  It requires that code be written
correctly and that Mutex is used appropriately.  To a degree you are
protected by the Linux kernel because processes and threads are actually
all the same in linux.  But the locking language remains constant.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com