httpd-users mailing list archives

From Srikanth Pippari <SPipp...@vitechinc.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RE: [EXT] Re: [users@httpd] Urgent: Apache log is not rotating after the upgrade
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 21:14:29 GMT
Even we have also similar configuration but it’s not working..

Our config file: /etc/logrotate.d/httpd24-httpd

/var/log/httpd24/*log {
    daily
    compress
    missingok
    notifempty
    sharedscripts
    delaycompress
    rotate 90
    postrotate
      /sbin/service httpd24-httpd reload > /dev/null 2>/dev/null || true
           endscript
}

Thanks & Regards
Srikanth Pippari  | V3OPS team.
Email ID : spippari@vitechinc.com<mailto:spippari@vitechinc.com>

From: Jim Weill <moondog@icsi.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:01 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RE: [EXT] Re: [users@httpd] Urgent: Apache log is not rotating
after the upgrade

In this case, I switched over to apache 2.4 on RHEL6 because a couple modules on some of our
websites no longer supported the base php 5.3.  When I asked why, I was given "Why are you
still using RHEL6?" as the reason they would not be supporting my config.  Since your question
came up I thought I would throw in my own experience, but I was not using that to question
your own RHEL6 usage.

For the record, this is our /etc/logrotate.d/httpd24-httpd file:
/admin/var/log/httpd24/*log {
    missingok
    ifempty
    create
    daily
    rotate 28
    start 1
    sharedscripts
    nocompress
    postrotate
        /sbin/service httpd24-httpd reload > /dev/null 2>/dev/null || true
    endscript
}

As you see, similarly configured and we get the results I mentioned.

jim

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 1:13 PM Srikanth Pippari <SPippari@vitechinc.com.invalid<mailto:SPippari@vitechinc.com.invalid>>