httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Ferradal <dferra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.2 to 2.4 upgrade
Date Sun, 05 May 2019 10:16:19 GMT
Hello,

Those get spawned according to mpm settings, described at:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mpm_common.html
Threaded mpm:
MinSpareThreads
MaxSpareThreads

Prefork mpm:
MinSpareServers
MaxSpareServers

A general description of what a mpm is and does, here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mpm.html

El sáb., 4 may. 2019 a las 1:14, Michael Cluff (<cluffm@tsys.com>) escribió:

> Hello apache web community,
>
> I upgraded apache web server on RHEL 7 from v 2.2 to v 2.4. I have a question about the
procs that are spawned after the web server is started up.

> For example, when I would start v2.2 (./apachectl start) it would have the root process
and spawn 2 additional apache procs. This would give me a total of 3 like so:

> root          29124           1  0 12:14 ?        00:00:03 /opt/apache-2.2/bin/httpd
-k start
> apache    29129  29124  0 12:14 ?        00:00:00 /opt/apache-2.2/bin/httpd -k start
> apache    29131  29124  0 12:14 ?        00:00:07 /opt/apache-2.2/bin/httpd -k start
>
> However, when I start the new v2.4 proc, it only spawns 1 apache proc like so:
>
> root          59585            1 28 16:08 ?        00:00:00 /opt/apache-2.4.39/bin/httpd
-k start
> apache    59591  59585 57 16:08 ?        00:00:00 /opt/apache-2.4.39/bin/httpd -k start
>
> What controls that? I need that second apache proc to start up as the site starts giving
status code 400 errors when trying to load static content.

> Any tips or guidance that could lead me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
>

> NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed
and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Unless you are the
intended addressee, any review, reliance, dissemination, distribution, copying or use whatsoever
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please reply
immediately and delete the material from all computers. Email sent through the Internet is
not secure. Do not use email to send us confidential information such as credit card numbers,
PIN numbers, passwords, Social Security Numbers, Account numbers, or other important and confidential
information.

--
Daniel Ferradal
HTTPD Project